Today I began the hardline bending portion of the build. I decided to get a bit more precise in designing the lines. This resulted in me picking up some white board and peg board. This allows me to draw out my plan and mount the 90 degree mandrel to a fixed position.
Since this was my first attempt at bending the pipe, I decided to take a practice run with a 24″ piece. The first step is penciling the points of bending and at what point the line lines up with the edges of the mandrel.
This requires the use of silicone string, mandrel and a heat gun. It turns out that the power at my apartment cannot handle me cooking and running the heat gun at the same time, as running the heat gun for a few minutes resulted in all of the power to my apartment switching off. After running out for a replacement dinner and finding the outside breaker, I was able to resume the bending.
Somehow I’ve lost my shot of the final adjusted install. It will have to be in the next update!